Walker Structural Engineering is a full-service structural consulting firm known for its exceptional work and outstanding service for clients including the award-winning Deschutes Brewery. Many of our projects come from returning clients and we are fortunate that our good name is our primary means of marketing. Our philosophy is to communicate clearly; use creativity to explore unique solutions that support the design intent; and, rely on our diverse experience and passion for what we to do to deliver our projects with unparalleled customer service. We are devoted to our field, and pride ourselves on staying abreast of technological advancements for cutting edge solutions. Located in beautiful Bend, Oregon, our firm has a work hard play hard culture that encourages an active lifestyle. Additionally, we understand the challenges of balancing a demanding career with a healthy family life, and reward our team with time and perks to encourage wellness.
- Prospective candidate will perform functions consistent with a professional engineer responsible for all aspects of structural design for a variety of project types.
- Review of Specifications
- Structural Calculations
- Overall Drawing Production
- Shop Drawing Review
- Coordination with Contractors & Design Teams
- Site Visits & Inspections
- Overseeing a Project from Conception to Completion
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- E.I.T Certification Required
- 1-3 Years of Structural Engineering Experience
- Technical Knowledge of: International Building Code, Relevant Design Standards & Construction Means and Methods
- Effectively Understand & Manage: Project Scope, Project Schedule & Design Budget
One Year From Today:
- You have impressed your colleagues as well as our clients with your resourcefulness to manage projects with precision and efficiency.
- Your knowledge of code, combined with your savvy for adapting the code to the needs of the project, has made you a key player on projects.
- Your friendly personality has made you an effective manager who is well liked by your co-workers and clients.
- You frequently supervise shop drawing reviews, answer questions from the contractor and design teams, and make structural observations to keep the project within scope, on schedule and within budget.
- You are respected for your intrinsic knowledge of how things are built, and deliver documents that are complete, comprehensive and coordinated with all other construction disciplines.
- You have earned bonuses, and appreciate the perks we provide, like health insurance and a company-provided trainer to work out with a few times a week.
- You enjoy living in Bend and having an active lifestyle, and have adapted easily to the laid back lifestyle.